Middle Spring Style
Nakaizumi Ryu (中泉流, Middle Spring Style) is a school of archery that are known for their "Kyoukyu" (Mad Bow). They fought against the Ogame School in the first round of the Unabara tournament
Nakaizumi School SymbolEdit
The only symbol shown is a parchment worn on the shoulders with the words "Nakaizumi" written on it.
At first Arata Nakaizumi appears as the only member of the school for the Tournament, though it's unknown if there are other members. After the timeskip is revealed that Arata took four disciples and taught them the way of the Nakaizumi School archery.
- Nakaizumi Arata: Leader of the Nakaizumi School, he partecipated to the Great Unabara Tournament in the sixth group where he fought Gama in a forest but lost to the young swordsman. Spared, he dedicated himself to his school, improved his skills and took some disciples under his wing. He later joined the Ogame School and Kizaki Gensai in their battle against the Muhou School.
- Unnamed Twins: Two twin members distinguishible by their odd hairstyles: one twin has a quiff over his right eye and smooth hair to the left, while the other has the left eye covered and spiky hair to the left. Both twins are eventually killed by Tsuchiryuu and their heads exposed.
- Braid Member: A member with long fair hair kept in a braid on his back. Was killed by Tsuchiryuu along with the others.
- Long Haired Member: A member with long black hair slicked back. Was killed by Tsuchiryuu along with the others.
Weapons and TechnquesEdit
The Nakaizumi School focuses on the use of the so called "Mad Bow" (狂弓 Kyoukyu) and specially crafted arrows with unique characteristics, known as the "Crazy Arrows" (狂矢 Kuruiya). It takes time to master these arrows and their skills, but they're shown to be deadly in battle.
Reigetsu (黎月 Dark Moon): The great bow of the Nakaizumi School, so hard that the strength of ten people is required to use it in battle. Arata managed to master it after the Timeskip.
- 'Ha ('破 Destruction): An arrow with a holed arrowhead with lead weight at the end of it. The weight gives the arrow immense destructive power and accuracy.
- 'En ('円 Circle): An arrow designed in such a way that it adds curvature to the flight and is commonly used to hit the enemy's legs so that they will have difficulty avoiding the final arrow, Fang.
- 'Kiba ('牙 Fang): An arrow with sharp horns for a head that will grind bone and flesh once it has made impact. This is the hardest arrow to master in the Nakaizumi style
- 'Haou ('破王 Lord of Destruction): An arrow with an humongous blunt tip that seems oversized compared to the shaft and with a peculiar shape. Has even more destruction that "Destruction" and can tear down even large wooden gates with ease.